2015 was dubbed the year of mobile among digital markets and, as the holiday season approaches, advertisers should be thinking about how to work mobile strategy into their planning.
The key to driving online sales this holiday season is to locate shoppers and hit them where they spend the most time while on their phones. BigMobility reports that 75% of all time spent on mobile is within four top apps — two of which are Facebook and Instagram. Facebook’s targeting offerings allow marketers to hone in on these segments of shoppers and get their brands top of mind as shoppers begin to browse.
Here are some targeting segments that should be incorporated:
- Custom and lookalike audiences based off of existing customer data
- Website traffic audiences of where users are hitting on-site
- Behavior and interest targeting layered over broad demographics
Facebook reports that 51% of its users also say that the platform is influential in their holiday shopping, whether it’s through advertising or organic interactions. Delivering relevant and compelling creative to users within their feed on Facebook or Instagram is key to grabbing users’ attention while they are on their mobile devices.
Getting these assets in front of shoppers can be achieved through a variety of Facebook’s ad offerings. These are products that ecommerce and retail advertisers can (and should!) utilize in their holiday campaigns:
- Reach and frequency buys on Facebook to drive brand awareness
- Video campaigns on both Facebook and Instagram to increase engagement and drive traffic
- Carousel ad units on both Facebook and Instagram to showcase product offerings
- Facebook Dynamic Product Ads to remarket to website users with relevant items for purchase
According to a recent Forrester study, 56% of holiday shoppers plan to buy on mobile and a good deal of others will use mobile as a discovery tool to fuel their offline shopping. If your holiday planning doesn’t include mobile as a part of your strategy, you could be missing out on valuable potential customers. Social advertising — like those above via Facebook and Instagram — might just be your answer to mobile this season!