Your privacy is critically
important to us.
At Elite SEM we have a few
We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it and the only reasons would be to contact us to hear about our services, join our newsletter, download or sign up to receive content, or join our team (we can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason).
We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our services, or protect our rights.
We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services or as specified on our form.
Effective May 24, 2018
Click on one of the hyperlinks to take you directly to that section of the notice.
Personal Data Collected
Use of your information
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information – Sharing and Disclosure
Storing your personal data/Transfer of Data
Third Party Links
Choices & Individual Rights
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Personal Data Collected
Information collected on the website
Elite SEM Inc. (“Elite SEM”) operates elitesem.com. It is Elite SEM’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Elite SEM is a data controller for data collected on this website.
Information Received from Clients
Elite SEM receives data from its clients and processes this data per contract in place with our clients. Elite SEM does not have a direct relationship with these individuals.
While using our website, we ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data includes, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Job title, profession
- Company name and URL
Like most website operators, Elite SEM collects information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Elite SEM’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Elite SEM’s visitors use its website.
Elite SEM also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on blogs if available. Elite SEM only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Elite SEM collects statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Elite SEM monitors the most popular blog posts or pages on the site. Elite SEM may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Elite SEM does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Use of your information – Grounds for Using Your Personal Data
As mentioned, the information that Elite SEM collects and stores relating to you is used to communicate to you and to provide our services to you. In addition, Elite SEM relies on the following lawful grounds to collect and process any personal data you may have provided:
- Legitimate Business Interests: To send along information you have requested from Elite SEM relating to our services and to provide information on other products which Elite SEM feels may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information, which are legitimate business interests. To notify you about any changes or improvements to Elite SEM services that may affect our service. If you are an existing customer, Elite SEM may contact you with information about goods and services like those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
- Performance of Contract: To meet Elite SEM’s contractual commitments to our clients and in performance of contractual obligations to our clients.
- User Consent: If you are a user of an Elite SEM website and have supplied your email address and provided consent, Elite SEM may occasionally send you email to tell you about industry news and information, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date with what’s going on with Elite SEM and our services. We primarily use our email newsletter or email you updates on our blog to communicate this type of information. Elite SEM takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information. Elite SEM may use your data so that you can be provided with information about related goods and services which we believe may be of interest to you. Elite SEM may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected. If you are a new customer, Elite SEM will only contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information – Sharing and Disclosure
Elite SEM does not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
- Analytics. Specifically for analytics providers, we use Google Analytics and Hubspot. Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service offered by Google, and Hubspot, a 3rd party inbound marketing and sales software, track and report website traffic. Both services uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service.
Google Analytics shares this data with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Our third party service providers may provide us information that tells us how are marketing ads, often placed on third party sites, performed and who clicked on them. This information does not identify any specific individual and is generally non-identifying. If we were to associate it with you we would treat it as personal data.
Please note at this time, we do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
Google AdWords/Analytics: Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Facebook: You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
To see more about Facebook’s participation in the Digital Advertising Alliance please visit the Choices section of this notice.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may participate in Facebook.com’s Custom Audience or LinkedIn’s Audience program which enables us to display personalized ads to persons on our email list when they visit Facebook or LinkedIn respectively. We provide Personal Information such as your email address and phone number to the social media provider to enable it to determine if you are a registered account holder. You may opt-out of participation in this program by contacting us as noted below. You may also opt out of receiving these ads from the social media network directly.
Third Party service providers, employees, agents or contractors
Elite SEM discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Elite SEM’s behalf or to provide services available at Elite SEM’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Elite SEM’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Elite SEM will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone.
To Comply with legal process or to protect Elite SEM
Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Elite SEM discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Elite SEM believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Elite SEM, third parties or the public at large.
If Elite SEM, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Elite SEM goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Elite SEM may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Storing your personal data/Transfer of Data
Elite SEM operates its site in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing Elite SEM with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as the European Union. Elite SEM service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data to the United States.
- Data that is provided to Elite SEM is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via the Elite SEM site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore Elite SEM cannot guarantee the security of data sent to Elite SEM electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where Elite SEM has given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of the Elite SEM site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Third party links
Elite SEM may have links on the Elite SEM site to other sites that Elite SEM does not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. Elite SEM strongly encourages you to read that privacy notice. Elite SEM does not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
Choices and Individual Rights
Elite SEM aims to take reasonable steps, so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you are a customer of one of our clients that works with Elite SEM and would no longer like to be contacted by them, please send your request to the client that you interact with directly. If our client requests Elite SEM to remove or amend that data, we will respond to that request within 30 days.
Elite SEM outlines your choices below:
- Email. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional emails from Elite SEM, you may opt out at any time. If you opt out of a promotional email, Elite SEM may still send you transactional and administrative emails about this privacy notice or about the products or services you have purchased.
- Cookies. Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- Advertising. You can opt out of online targeted advertising by opting out within the advertisement itself or by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, http://www.aboutads.info/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. You can also opt out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings.
- Your rights under certain circumstances. To initiate any of these actions please contact us at email@example.com.
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests.
- Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. For European Union residents, if you feel that Elite SEM’s processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
Elite SEM uses reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, Elite SEM cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Elite SEM request that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send Elite SEM this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice. To avoid processing of sensitive data, do not submit it.
Our policy on children’s information
The Elite SEM site is not directed to children under 16. If you learn that your minor child has provided Elite SEM with personal information without your consent, please contact Elite SEM.
Elite SEM welcomes any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elite SEM is the Data Controller for information collected on this website and can be reached at:
Attn: Marketing Dept
142 W 36th St, Fl 11
New York, NY 10018
Information that is provided to Elite SEM from its clients is controlled by them.